The iron mineral plate is composed of 33 trace elements in unique mineral forms. These minerals are "aluminum, antimony, arsenic, barium, boron, cadmium, calcium, carbon, chromium, cobalt, copper, iodine, magnesium, manganese, molybdenum, nickel, phosphorus, selenium, silicon, sodium, sulfur, tin, titanium, zinc, and zirconium along with bismuth, germanium, lithium, potassium, rubidium, strontium, and vanadium. The iron content of the plate helps the heat spread uniformly across the panel."
While Far Infrared (FIR) Therapy is increasingly being used among acupuncturists, physical therapists, and doctors to treat a number of health conditions, it is a wonderful, complementary, and non-invasive addition to any massage therapy or acupressure session. By far the most sought out complementary addition to any massage therapy treatment, Far Infrared Therapy may be used during or towards the end of a session to treat specific conditions, injuries, and hypertonic muscles and to integrate the massage as a whole.
2. Receive much needed essential minerals and generate various biochemical benefits that the body may lack due to illness, accident or injury. The human body needs vitamins and minerals to regenerate and heal itself. When you’re sick, hurt or fatigued, these are essential to help you recover. The mineral ionizes the key minerals it’s coated with and delivers them to your body.
3. Accelerated decomposition of damaged and diseased cells. The protons emitted by FIR help your body release enzymes which increases the rate at which the body eliminates these damaged cells.
4. Improved blood circulation. FIR waves produce nitric oxide and expand vessels and tiny capillaries which stimulates increased circulation and oxygenation. This helps deliver nutrients and repair cells, as well as remove waste products and toxins, from all over the body.
5. Detoxification. As vessels and capillaries expand, FIR initiates a process to dissolve toxins by loosening the water bonds that keep toxins in your circulatory and lymphatic system.
6. Enhanced immunity. Through its subtle heating, Far infrared seems to increase the amount of white blood cells and T-cells in our body, which fight diseases. Also, the improved circulation help these cells move about the body more efficiently, and the white cells can use the nitric oxide produced by FIR to defend against tumors.
6. Metabolic boost. The heat FIR generates in your body burns calories and also stimulates your body to continue burning calories after your session is over. Metabolism also depends on the health of a number of organs and systems. The detoxifying effects of FIR, along with the essential minerals imparted by the mineral plate, can keep these systems well maintained and efficient.
7. Comfortable heat and pain free and relaxing. Ever stand outside on a sunny winter day? The air temperature can be pretty chilly but your body feels warm. That’s because the FIR waves from the sun are penetrating your skin and warming you up from the inside. That penetrating warmth is healing, therapeutic and soothing—feels great on a cold winter’s day—and it’s the same waves you’ll find radiating out of TDP lamps. They can relax your muscles and do all those wonderful things above, and more.
- Recent (acute, within 48 hours) joint injury, chronically hot and swollen joints, enclosed infections (either dental, in joints or any other tissue)
- Superficial metallic implants (ie. metal pins, rods, artificial joints or any other surgical implant due to the reflection of infrared rays by these articles)
- Varicose veins
- Fever, earache, or eye infections
- Pacemakers / Defibrillators
- Hemophilia and/or a predisposition to hemorrhage
- Pregnant or lactating
- Silicone implants
- Multiple sclerosis
- Addisons's disease
- Heat illness (heat cramp/exhaustion/stroke)
- Unstable hypertension
- Severe hypotension
- Children or infants
- Menstruation: Heating of the low-back area of women during the menstrual period may temporarily increase menstrual flow
- Medication with a narrow therapeutic index, out of which is life threatening
- Systemic lupus erythematosus
- Peripheral neuropathy (weakness, numbness and tingling, usually in your hands and feet)
- Acute or chronic edema or lymphedema (swelling of the wrists, ankles, etc.)
- Am attempting to conceive (male or female)
- Take medications which may predispose me to heat illnesses when exposed to heat (e.g. sympathomimetics, anticholinergics, tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines. phenothiazines)
- Take medication that may reduce perspiration ability (e.g. diuretics, barbiturates, ß-blockers)
- Cholinergic urticaria (heat bumps or heat rash)
- Acantholytic dermatosis (Grover's disease (GD))
- Severe burns/scarring/heat rash
- Take street/recreational drugs (e.g. amphetamines, heroin, cocaine)
- The findings of the survey conducted by three medical centers in Colorado were declared at the American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions. 49 patients with diabetes were given the treatment in 12 sessions for 30 minutes at a time. They showed a significant improvement in the numbness they felt in their feet and doctors found that the risk for amputation was much lowered.
- In the Los Angeles Olympics of 1984, Liang Ping, a player in the Chinese volleyball team was able to continue playing after an anklebone injury thanks to the 15 minutes of treatment with the TDP Lamp.
- American League MVP, Jason Giambi recommends the therapy for reducing pain and enhancing athletic performances.
- Questionnaires to more than 500 users of far infrared devices revealed that the majority reported an overall improvement in health.
- The benefits of far infrared extend to the cardiovascular system as well. Repeated far infrared therapy has also been shown to improve impaired vascular endothelial function in patients with atherosclerosis and other coronary risk factors.
- In patients suffering with Fibromyalgia, 13 female patients received far infrared therapy once per day for two or five days per week. All of the patients experienced a significant reduction in pain (by about half) after the first session. The effects of treatment became stable after 10 sessions, with participants experiencing up to a 78% reduction in their pain.
- Another study backed up these findings, suggesting that an approach of multidisciplinary treatment that included far infrared therapy could be a promising method for treating chronic pain.
Natural Health Way. How TDP Infrared Lamps Work to Speed Healing. Retrieved from naturalhealthway.com/tdplamps/how-tdp-lamps-work.html
Living After Stroke. TDP Far Infrared Lamp -- A Quick Overview. [Blog Post]. Retrieved from www.livingafterstroke.com/tdp-far-infrared-mineral-lamp-quick-overview/
Laifer, Stephen. (2009, June). Far Infrared Therapy Capturing the Therapeutic Benefits of Solar Energy.
Retrieved from http://www.lifeextension.com/Magazine/2009/6/Far-Infrared-Therapy/Page-01